My name is Karen and I manage Cheshire West Extra Help, covering: CW4, CW8, CW9, CW10, CW11, WA4, WA13, WA14, WA15
I have been a foster carer for children social services for 4 years, and an NHS-registered staff nurse working in the community for a number of years and I am fully aware of the need for friendly, efficient and affordable extra help within our population.
Our aim is to help everyone: to enable our elderly citizens to remain independent within their homes and in contact with their communities, as well as allowing new and working parents and busy professionals more quality time with their family and friends.
This assistance is flexible and tailored to the individual client’s needs.
Our help could include:
- Domestic: cleaning, tidying, washing, ironing, meal preparation.
- Companionship: providing respite to carers or popping in and spending time with the elderly.
- Transport to hospital or health appointments, doctors and dentist.
- Befriender: accompanying clients to social events, library, place of worship, hairdressers.
- Parents help: school runs, meal preparation and assistance with house work.
- Dog walking and pet sitting
- Overnight stay
- Assistance with shopping or unpacking
- Spring cleans, and end of tenancy cleans
- Short term general home help after illness or hospital discharge
We also offer a free service for anyone over the age of 65 to help them claim the attendance allowance: https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/overview
Extra Help is fully insured and our home helpers are referenced and DBS checked and carefully selected to provide a kind, compassionate and high-quality personalized service to our customers.