Exeter / Extra Help Exeter offers domestic cleaning and home help services with regular cleans, ironing, temporary help, gardening, home maintenance and spring cleaning
Our main aim is to make a real difference to people’s lives, for example enabling the elderly to remain independent in their own homes by supporting them with cleaning, laundry, general assistance and companionship inside and outside their home. There is also help for those families who are currently spending all their spare time and energy keeping their homes as clean and welcoming as their standards dictate, because we can offer them some ‘extra help’ with those household and cleaning tasks, so that they have more free time for themselves.
All of our experienced, trustworthy and friendly home helpers are personally interviewed, DBS and reference checked and they are fully insured. We can meet in your home and design a plan of action together so that your home help needs will be covered and if your regular helper is ill or on holiday we will organise a temporary replacement so that you are not left without your regular assistance.
The services we offer include:
- Domestic cleaning, tidying, changing of bed linen laundry and ironing
- Transport and companionship to appointments or social events for the elderly and infirm
- Mothers help, e.g. housework including meal preparation and laundry
- Shopping and the appropriate storage of food, including for supermarket deliveries
- General household tasks e.g. dealing with rubbish or cleaning and checking through Best Before Dates etc. of the contents of fridge
- Time with the elderly for them to engage in conversation, reading, hobbies or crafts
- Spring cleans, end of tenancy cleans and second home services
- Decluttering and maintenance, sorting clothes and replacing buttons etc.
- Meal preparation and tidy away
- Dog walking and general pet care
- Support for carers
- Short term general home help assistance after illness or hospital admission
We also offer a free service for anyone over the age of 65 to help them claim the attendance allowance, please look at: https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/overview
I am a Dementia Friend, want to find out more about about becoming a dementia friend?
Our service is flexible and tailored around every client’s individual needs, it can be for regular work or just a ‘one-off’ when required. Please contact me, Julia Ransome, by telephone, email or the enquiry form on this page for a chat about how Extra Help Exeter can offer you a helping hand.